Below is the policy for image uploads.
- Images with low resolution, or with subtitles or watermarks are discouraged, instead it would be better if the best most highest quality images were used.
- Please refrain from uploading .gif images, even those converted from a .gif to another file format before uploading. The .gif format has issues with keeping quality. Further, they have a limited color depth, meaning that when you save an image with the .gif format it loses a large amount of quality right away.
- .png images are preferred over .jpg images because .jpg images slowly lose quality each time you save them. Neither of these types of quality loss can be recovered without the original image.
- Remember to rename the images before uploading them, names of the scene in question are preferable to a random assortment of letters and numbers.
- To prevent the image page history from being affected, it is recommended to upload new images under a new file name rather than overwriting and deleting the current existing image.
- An exception to the above is if you are uploading a better quality version of the same image (same media, same episode/chapter, same scene/page, same basic frame of the episode/manga) overtop of another, in which case the re-upload feature can be used.
- No need for duplicate Images.
- Kindly ensure that spoiler material of new content is kept off the site until the material has been officially released. This avoids spoilers, and remember we are here to support the series rather than hinder it with illegally released content. The ban feature may need to be exercised to accomplish this aim, thank you for understanding.
- Only official images should be uploaded, such as those directly from the anime, manga and other official artwork. The most suitable images should be used for a page in question; for instance game images for game related pages, anime images for the anime, manga and so forth.
- Since this site details official content, edited images (other than for simple resizing or cropping) such as fan drawn art, colourings and fan stories are best kept to show on other sites.
|Manual of Style • Basic Rules • Image Policy • Character Outline • Talk Page Policy • Bans • Blogs|